At Susquehanna Trailways, passengers are responsible for transferring their luggage between buses and carriers. In the event a passenger requires special assistance with their luggage, special handling tags are available. For example: traveling with small children, elderly passengers, or passengers with disabilities.
It is the responsibility of the passenger to make sure their luggage has Identification tags, please make sure your bags are properly marked inside and out. For all checked bags, baggage claim checks may only be obtained at the ticket counters. All luggage must be tagged prior to loading the bus.
Susquehanna Trailways Baggage Restrictions
- One (1) piece of baggage is checked free of charge for each adult and child ticket. Two (2) carry-on bags per ticketed passenger are permitted and must fit underneath the seat or in the overhead compartment. Adults may check one (1) additional piece under the bus for a $10.00 fee. Child tickets are permitted up to an additional one (1) piece of checked baggage at 10.00.
- The maximum allowable weight for checked baggage is 50 lbs. per individual piece of baggage. A fee of $10.00 will be charged per piece for any baggage above the 50 lbs. limit but less than 75 lbs. Baggage over 75 pounds will be subject to package express rates and NO piece over 100 lbs. will be accepted.
- Baggage must not exceed 62 inches when adding the total exterior dimensions of the piece (length + width + height). A fee of $10.00 per piece will be applied to any baggage over the 62-inch limit.
- Bicycles may be checked under the coach for a $25.00 fee. Bicycles must be boxed and are considered the first piece of checked luggage.
- Packaging exceptions will only be made for the following items: bicycles, skis and ski poles must be packed in wood, canvas or other substantial container, and securely fastened; towing equipment must be enclosed in rigid containers or wrapped in a strong material such as canvas and securely strapped or tied. Towing equipment is limited to 100 pounds actual weight; these items are not exempt from oversize charges.
Acceptable Types of Baggage
In general, acceptable baggage includes suitcases, duffel bags, toolboxes, trunks and securely tied cardboard boxes. PLASTIC and/or PAPER BAGS are NOT acceptable as checked baggage. Approved luggage bags are available for a nominal fee at certain terminal locations, check with your local agent about such items
Prohibited Items for Checked Baggage
Acids, ammunition, animals, combustible liquids, compressed gases, corpses, cremated remains, explosives, firearms of all types, fireworks, flammable liquids, furniture, hazardous materials (poisons, radioactive materials, etc.), materials with a disagreeable odor, matches, merchandise for resale, protruding articles, or any unsecured articles including those in plastic or paper bags are prohibited. Electronic equipment (television, stereos, etc.), film (flammable), and perishable items (food) may be sent using Susquehanna Trailways Package Express with appropriate packing. Items such as money, jewelry and prescription medication may not be checked as baggage and are to be carried in the customer's possession.
Laptop computers are considered "electronic items" and are prohibited as checked baggage, however they may be brought aboard as one of two (2) permitted carry-on items.
Interstate Baggage Liability
Susquehanna Trailways and the Susquehanna Trailways Online Ticketing System (www.susquehannabus.com) will not be responsible for, and will not be held liable for, any loss, damage or stolen unchecked baggage. See individual Baggage Policies for each carrier(s) on your itinerary for specific liability limits on those carriers. For ease of reference, however, liability limits for each bus carrier are set by law, as follows:
Liability for loss or damage to checked baggage is limited to actual value not to exceed $250.00 for all baggage checked with adult tickets. The limit for baggage checked on a child fare ticket is $125.00. Only clothing and toiletries are to be among the items in your checked luggage. Items of value and cash will not be insured for any amount. All baggage is subject to inspection for contents in accordance with the specific Bus Carrier's Baggage Policies.
Claim baggage promptly upon arrival at each destination and interline connection point. A storage fee may be assessed for any unclaimed baggage. In the event of interline connections; traveler is responsible for ensuring that checked baggage is transferred from bus to bus.
For questions regarding ticket sales, baggage or schedules:
Scheduled Service Information — Call 800-692-6314 between the hours of 6:00am and 4:30pm, Monday- Friday and 6:00am and 4:00pm, Saturday & Sunday
Susquehanna Trailways 11 W. Church Street Williamsport, Pa 17701